COVID-19 Update #2
June 30, 2020
This is our second letter to guests and agents and we would like to inform you of changes we have made to our standard Terms and Conditions in light of the continuing coronavirus pandemic. In our first letter, we outlined changes we have made to the length of the season. This letter will give you details of changes to deposit terms, final payment dates and a new refund policy.
Deposits & Refunds for all Experiences:
We continue to require deposits for all guests booking onto one of our Experiences. We also continue to require guests to provide a completed Medical Information Form (MIF) before a booking can be accepted. But we are making the following changes to our refund policy:
- Deposits are fully refundable up to the date of final payment, without any administrative charges.
- If the Antarctic season (November 2020 – January 2021) is cancelled entirely deposits will be refunded in full without any charges.
Final Payment Date Terms:
- All Experiences now have a final payment date of 90 days before scheduled departure.
- If the entire season is cancelled after the 90-day final payment date, a full refund will be offered or the opportunity given to request a carry over to the 2021-22 season.
- If this season goes ahead there will be no refund offered after the 90-day final payment date has been passed. In this case guests will not be able to claim a refund if they cancel. This is because ALE will have incurred costs in commissioning and operating the season.
- Guests requesting to carry over will be dependent on availability on Experiences in the 2021–22 season.
We will continue to review our Terms and Conditions as countries develop their response to the pandemic. By changing our terms, we have made significant steps to give confidence to guests who wish to book an experience for the 2020–21 season.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this. ALE Partners expect to be able to release a further update by mid-July. Please contact us if you have any questions or comments on the above.
All the best to you and your family!
COVID-19 Update #1
June 03, 2020
What a strange new world we’re in! This is a hard time for everybody and you may be wondering what are our thoughts for the 2020-21 Antarctic season.
We’ve been monitoring the international situation carefully to learn more about when air travel is likely to resume. We’re pleased to see enquiries and prospective bookings still coming into our office but we’re aware that the overall numbers are likely to be reduced. Considerable planning for the 2020-21 season is needed to address these challenges.
Our current thinking is to shorten the season by moving the start to the third week of November. As a result, we have changed various experience dates and removed others to consolidate the schedule.
These are the experience date changes we are proposing currently:
|EMPS1||18–26 Nov 2020||New dates|
|EMPS2||26 Nov – 4 Dec 2020||New dates|
|EMPX3||Removed from schedule|
|EMPX4||4–12 Dec 2020||Unchanged|
|SPF1||14–20 Dec 2020||Unchanged|
|SPFO2||2–9 Jan 2021||New dates, now 8 days|
|SPFO3-3GR||2–9 Jan 2021||Starts 1 day earlier|
|SPF4||Removed from schedule|
|VINS1||Removed from schedule|
|VINS2||7–20 Dec 2020||Now 14 days|
|VINS3||20 Dec 2020 – 2 Jan 2021||New dates, now 14 days|
|VINS4||2–14 Jan 2021||New dates, now 13 days|
|VINS5||Removed from schedule|
|LDG1||7–20 Dec 2020||Now 14 days|
|LDG2||20 Dec 2020 – 2 Jan 2021||New dates, now 14 days|
|LDG3||2–14 Jan 2021||Starts 1 day earlier|
|SIDLEY||2–14 Jan 2021||New dates, now 13 days|
|SKYD||26 Nov – 4 Dec 2020||New dates|
|AOD1||26 Nov – 4 Dec 2020||New dates, now 9 days|
|AOD2||Removed from schedule|
|CLIMB1||20 Dec 2020 – 2 Jan 2021||New dates, now 14 days|
|CLIMB2||Removed from schedule|
|SKI1||20 Dec 2020 – 2 Jan 2021||New dates, now 14 days|
Note that the rate for each experience is unchanged even though the date or duration may have changed. Full information on all our experiences can be found on the ALE website or you can request this from our office. The flight schedule has been updated to reflect the above changes.
You may be concerned about the effect of the coronavirus pandemic on international travel, we have, therefore, made this temporary change to our normal Terms & Conditions:
- Any deposits paid will be fully refundable up to the date of your final payment. There will be no deductions or processing fees.
At ALE we feel a particular responsibility to our guests, guide companies, agents and suppliers. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this. ALE Partners expect to be able to release a further update by the end of June-early July.
The last few months have brought an unprecedented strain on the adventure travel and tourism industry but we have been buoyed up by the positive encouragement we hear from our colleagues and guests alike.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the proposed changes, or your existing booking.